I love New Year’s Resolutions! Here is what I came up with for last year and how I did.
- Three camping trips (We scheduled three, went on two and cancelled one.)
- Family pictures (I brought the kids for professional pictures, but not all four of us.)
- Weekly calls (I was planning to systematize my calls and have a list of people that I was to keep in connect with. I didn’t do this as well as I could have. Don’t worry, I still called my family and friends regularly, just not systematically.)
- Birthday and anniversary cards on the 1st of the month (Done and done!)
- France (We did this!!! Adam and I traveled to France for 16 days and it was amazing!)
- Read 24 books (I officially read 21 books. These are self-help, parenting, business or novels. I don’t count the books that I read aloud to my kids in this category.)
- French- Duolingo and French meet up (I rocked this until France, then I stopped. Eh.)
- Run 4 – 5ks (I rocked this one! I registered myself for a 5k race each quarter. I didn’t run the entire race, but I worked hard and had a great time. I was planning to enter a December race with my sweet dog, but we were out of town for the same weekend. So my final 5k was done on the treadmill at the gym!)
- 5 days a week workouts (Not quite. January and February were lighter because I had issues with my gall bladder and was resting. The rest of the year, I worked out at least three times a week.)
- New dining room lighting (I got a light fixture from my in-laws as a Christmas gift. We hung it the next day. I love it!)
- Build a shed (We have an awesome 10×10 shed in the backyard, thanks to my wonderful father-in-law! He flew out to help us with this project. It has removed some of the clutter in the garage and increased the live-ability in our home.)
- Remove Yew trees (We have two Yew trees in the front yard. We removed one of the two, I’m not sure if we’ll take out the other or not.)
So there you have it, my 2017 goals and how I did. I didn’t achieve complete perfection, but I’m happy with my results. I believe in progress over perfection. Did you set any goals? Do you find them inspiring?